Tue, 22 Jun|
Lead actively in remote times
Remote times require active leadership. Join our training to find out how you can succeed as a remote leader, and to collect tips from your peers and trainers along the way!
Time & Location
22 Jun 2021, 13:00 – 16:00 EEST
About the Event
The remote times we live in are changing the ways we work, and thus, leadership as we know it. What actually makes a good leader in these remote times? And how can you upgrade your leadership skills and toolbox to better fit the requirements of an online world?
As business and leadership coaches and trainers we hear and see the day-to-day challenges of leading virtually. Both leaders and employees report feeling isolated and struggling with their energy levels. To support leaders in helping their teams to thrive, and to provide new perspective on remote leadership, we decided to create a hands-on training session to tackle e.g. these core questions:
- What are the core aspects of leadership, and which of these are especially important in remote times?
- How can you maintain an active leadership connection with your team members?
- How can you empower your team members and help them to lead themselves better?
- And perhaps the most wanted or asked question: What are some tips, tools and techniques that will make you a successful - or at least better - remote leader?
Unfortunately, the answer to the last question is - as to any complex and human situation - there are no quick fixes. However, there are some things to know and to understand that can have a tremendous impact on your (remote) leadership.
How will we tackle remote leadership in our training session?
Most sessions around this area tackle remote leadership as a whole, without considering that even remote leadership requires different leadership roles and approaches in different situations. Our answer to excelling as a remote leader is to consider three essential leadership roles: managing, leading and coaching. Once you become aware of these different roles and your ways of wearing those hats it will be easier for you to perform your leadership duties and make sure you are taking care of vital leadership aspects when working remotely with your team. We have come to realise that working remotely requires extra effort in how leaders connect with and "show up" with their people, in other words: creating an active leadership connection.
Here is what we will do to help you grow as a remote leader:
- You will receive material to pause to reflect on your current leadership in all its glory (the 3 leadership roles)
- You will learn the importance of maintaining an active leadership connection with your team members - especially in challenging times
- You will hear practical tips and tools regarding each leadership role that will help you in maintaining an active leadership connection with your team members - with a special focus on the role of the coach
- You will learn a simple model for an informal weekly conversation to connect with your people
- You will receive an idea- and toolbox to try out different leadership practices after the training
Who is this training designed for?
This training is especially for you if you are in a leadership or management position, are required to lead your team remotely (most of the time), and are looking for some framework to improve your remote leadership skills and inspire your team to function and perform better.
Spoiler alert: If your team was dysfuntional already before the pandemic or has become dysfunctional as a result of working remotely, you will not make it work with just tips and tricks for remote leadership. You will need to address more core issues, which we can help you through with our other services such as our team coaching and development sessions which will be tailored to your team's needs.
Who are the individuals behind this training?
We are a team of passionate and internationally experienced professionals who strive for building a new era of delivering inspiring and impactful learning and growth experiences. We are a trusted partner among clients who seek new perspectives and dare boldly to experience new and inspirational ways of doing business.
This training has been designed by our trainers Pauliina Hallama, Ulla Tirronen and Anna-Riikka Hautala.
Pauliina Hallama is a training guru, coaching and training content producer and a Master Coach. Ulla Tirronen is a digi enthusiast, online training professional and a trainer specialized in online trainings. Anna-Riikka Hautala is a Master Coach, trainer and a service designer. Read more about our trainers here.
How can you get prepared for the session:
- Mentally: Before the training you will receive a small task that will help you get mentally ready to go through the issues and questions that will be going through in this training.
- Physically: Prepare a quiet enough space for the time of the training and perhaps some snacks and coffee/tea/water that can keep your energy levels high enough for the whole session. Reserve time from 12.45 to 4 pm for the training. We will be having a small break at the middle of the training.
- Technically: We will be having this training online via Zoom which we will send you the link before the training. All you need technically is 1) stable enough internet connection 2) camera (e.g. web camera attached to your laptop) 3) microphone. We will have the Zoom link working 15 minutes the actual starting time so you can join the session then and check that everything works technically. We will be having smaller training groups in workshop rooms in Zoom during the training, so it is essential that every participant’s camera and microphone works in order to participate fully in the training.
- Emotionally: As always, we hope for a little bit of open mind and trust - trust the process (and us😉) and see where we end up!
Sign up now - if you register before the 1st of June, you'll get your seat with the early bird price! Early bird price: 350 euros, after 1.6. the price will be 450 euros.
Any questions about this training? Please send us your questions, and we'll be happy to answer!
Lead from a distance – but stay connected.
Lead actively in remote times
Early bird price (if you register before 1st of June)€350.00Tax: VAT included
Lead actively in remote times
This ticket is for you if you're registering to the training after 1st of June 2021.€450.00Tax: VAT included