Lead skillfully in remote times
Time & Location
About the Event
The remote times we live in are changing the ways we work, and thus, leadership as we know it. What actually makes a good leader in these remote times? And how can you upgrade your leadership skills and toolbox to better fit the requirements of an online world?
As business and leadership coaches and trainers we hear and see the day-to-day challenges of leading virtually. Both leaders and employees report feeling isolated and struggling with their energy levels. To support leaders in helping their teams to thrive, and to provide new perspective on remote leadership, we decided to create a hands-on training session to tackle e.g. these core questions:
- Which areas of leadership are emphasized in remote leadership?
- What are the most neglected themes and areas in leadership that you should focus on in remote leadership?
- How can you empower your team members and help them to lead themselves better?
- And perhaps the most wanted or asked question: What are the tips or tools and techniques that will make me a successful remote leader?
Unfortunately, the answer to the last question is - as to any complex and human situation - there are no quick fixes. However, there are some things to know and to understand that can have a tremendous impact on your (remote) leadership.
How will we tackle the core issue in our training session?
Most sessions around this area tackle remote leadership as a whole, without considering that even remote leadership requires different leadership roles and approaches in different situations. Our answer to excelling as a remote leader is to consider all three leadrship roles: managing, leading and coaching (as introduced by S. Dargin in 2012). Once you become aware of these different roles and your ways of wearing those hats, it will be easier for you to perform your leadership duties and make sure you are taking care of vital leadership aspects when working remotely with your team.
Here is what we will do to help you grow as a remote leader:
- You will get material to pause to reflect on your current leadership in all its glory (the 3 leadership roles)
- You will get to practice...
- We will share as many methods and tools which are suitable for remote leadership...... tää uusiksi?
- You will receive a written toolbox with some best practices for each of the leadership roles
Who is this training designed for?
This training is especially for you if you are in a leadership or management position, are required to lead your team remotely (most of the time), and are looking for some framework to improve your remote leadership skills and inspire your team to function and perform better.
Spoiler alert: If your team was dysfuntional already before the pandemic or has become dysfunctional as a result of working remotely, you will not make it work with just tips and tricks for remote leadership. You will need to address more core issues, which we can help you through with our other services such as our team coaching and development sessions which will be tailored to your team's needs.
- Individual participant€350VAT included€350VAT included0€0
- Business participant€434VAT included€434VAT included0€0