WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
In order to be able to do what we do, we need to deal with personal information. We want to keep your personal information protected and use it as little as possible. We comply with the EU's general data protection regulation (GDPR) and the Finnish legislation related to personal data. In practice we are talking about the Kasvuhuone / Growthroom customer and marketing database.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HANDLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Growth Room Cooperative, Helsinki. Our business ID is 2478518-0. Our contact person related to personal data is Pauliina Hallama, firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHY DO WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We deal with customer, marketing, and personal information that is essential to our company's operations. We only save information that is essential to the planning of our operations.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect and store, on a case-by-case basis, the following personal information about our customers:
– E-mail address
– Mobile or other phone number (in as few occasions as possible)
– Organization and position
– Mailing address of the organization or person for invoicing/billing (in as few occasions as possible)
– Details of the services ordered by the customer, their delivery and billing.
In addition, from the members of the cooperative, we collect their personal identity number.
WHEN AND WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your personal information in the following situations:
– When you become our customer (you order a service from us)
– When you subscribe to our newsletter
– When you attend one of our free events
– When you join our cooperative
– When you get in contact with us through our website
– When you contact us by email
We can also collect personal information from publicly available sources on the internet and other public sources. Reference sources are specified if they belong to any other than the above mentioned six sources.
We store your personal information in order to:
– provide you with information about your order
– deliver your order
– charge you for your order
– meet legal requirements (such as the Accounting Act and the Consumer Protection Act)
– keep track of your certification and confirm your participation in our training
– identify users in social media who may be interested in our services
– send targeted offers and information to you in our newsletters
– conduct customer inquiries and surveys regarding our services
– analyze your purchasing behavior so that we can make more targeted offers by customer profiling.
WHERE DO WE HAND OVER OR TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will not disclose the personal data of our customers to outsiders, except when required by the Finnish authorities. In the case of certifying our customers through the International Coaching Certification, we are required to hand over our customers' personal information (name, email address and phone number) to World Coaching Organization (Be Dreamers Lda) for certification purposes.
WHO HANDLES YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We treat your personal information mainly in various electronic services (IT systems and payment service providers), whereby these electronic service providers have access to personal data as a processor. In this case Growthroom is responsible to ensure that the data provided to these services is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Regulation, correctly and with care.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
A) Manual material: We store the participant lists gathered in our trainings safely for five years from the date of the event before disposing of it.
B) Information handled through IT: Personal data is kept confidential. The computer network and hardware of the registrar and its potential IT partners are protected by a firewall and other necessary technical measures. The registrar shall ensure that only the employees of the registrar and the employees of companies operating under the registrar have access to the required information to carry out their duties.
Growthroom processes the information in software that is used to be able to offer our services as promised. This software includes: Finago’s Procountor system for billing, Microsoft and Google software services that belong to the Privacy Shield Framework.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only process your personal information as long as 1) it is required by applicable legislation, 2) you are a member of the cooperative, or 3) you are in a customer relationship with us. We go through our customer information annually and remove the personal data of customers who have been inactive for five years in case other legislation allows data deletion.
HOW CAN YOU USE YOUR RIGHTS AS A REGISTERED PERSON?
As a registered person you have the right to know what personal information we are using, and correct or delete your personal information (unless the law requires certain personal data to be stored for a certain period of time). Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your personal information: email@example.com.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a national supervising authority in case you feel that your personal information has been misused.